Tempo mapping is an important and major advancement in most modern DAWs that dramatically opens the door for freely recorded music (not strictly recorded/quantized to a tick/grid) to be [u]both enhance with loop based sounds and quantization[/u].
It takes depending on the song anywhere from 5-20 minutes to map a song manually in Studio One. Unfortunately, this is too big of a hurdle and learning curve for most of your customers.
Although Studio One has made good advancements in transient capabilities, you are behind your competitors in tempo capabilities. ProTools, Logic, Cubase and Sonar can (and have been for several releases) detect tempo changes for an entire song to a least a beat level. Thus there is a real market for this capability for tempo tools. Please see the video for examples of the competition.
1. By improving your tempo detection capability you will attract more ProTools, Cubase and Sonar customers that heavily rely on this capability.
2. Many more existing customers that have never attempted tempo mapping due to the difficulty and time required to make it work will get more value from your product.
3. You will greatly improve work flow of existing customers that already attempt to tempo map with existing capabilities.
Feature Request 1: Tempo detection algorithm for an area or event.
1. It should have a dialogue box to set resolution to beat or bar.
2. It should transients threshold adjustability
3. It should be able to handle different meters ( although not necessarily changes in meter with in an event, none of the competition can do this either)
4. It should be able to detect beat one.
5. (Suggest adding it to the existing bend marker view)
[b]Feature Request 2: Manually/visually align beats to transients. [/b]
1. It should support drag and drop grid beat lines to actual transients to allow for quickly beat to transient visual alignment.
2. Note: Yes I know that it can be done by manually inserting tempo marks and then dragging tempo marks. (Please see my Audio timing video if needed). The point here is Presonus is well known for its superior ease of work flow. At a minimum it should work as easy as or easier than for example Logics approach to dragging the time line marks to a transient.
[b]Feature Request 2a[/b]:
[b]The new cross hair alignment capability [/b]should extend the cross hairs across the tempo track and audio/MIDI tracks. It currently only work exclusively in one or the other making it [u]useless for manual tempo alignments[/u]
I know it has been requested many times in the past but please seriously consider this request.