I've been considering switching from Maschine to Studio One with Impact XT and the Atom controller but have found some basic functionality that's preventing me from making the switch. I hope these features can be added. Would make users like me far more likely to switch over.
- Ability to trigger samples at multiple pitches similar to the 16 level pitch feature from an MPC or at the very least have an option to send a single sample to a new sample one XT instrument
- No way to save kits with samples so that kits can be managed more effectively. Eg I can't collect samples from different locations and save the new kit with samples to a new location. This will most likely make loading kits in the future a nightmare as I'll receive the missing samples dialog if I moved any of the kits samples from their original location.
- Cant move samples around intuitively. Swapping pads should be a simple drag drop operation not a hold CTRL, then SHIFT & release. Makes doing this simple thing a chore. Same goes for removing a sample. It shouldn't reset all settings for the pad. At least offer an option to reset pad fully or not.
- Basic Sample editing like trim/crop sample.
- More fleshed out slicing ie manual slicing or slice by beat/bar etc