Since upgrading to Studio One 5 I have been having this issue where my Audio Tracks would cutout at times or they just wouldn't play at all. It isn't an issue that is related to third party software since I have been using the same plugins since version 4. The issue is really annoying and it hinders my workflow.
Here is a scenario that I have been facing over and over, I am gain staging before mixing, as soon as I hit play I have some tracks playing, and maybe 2 or 3 won't play immediately but 3,5, or 10 seconds later it starts to play. I hit pause and play again, this time the tracks that were not playing before will play but now different tracks won't play.
Another scenario that I am facing right now is, I have a certain audio track, in this case, the hi-hat which is playing throughout the whole track, but when I hit play the hi-hat may play for 30 seconds but then it cuts out and doesn't play for the rest of the song. Even though the waveform shows that there is still audio, it doesn't play at all, the audio file is fine as windows audio player plays it as it is without that issue. And these are issues I have only started having since Version 5. I have really been having this problem since I upgraded, I have done a reset on my Operating System, for other reasons to keep my system clean. So I have had to install a new clean version of Studio One, but yet I still have this problem. Importing the song into a new song doesn't fix it either so I am convinced this is a problem with Version 5.
Update On This :
I found a solution for the hi-hat issue, so when this occurs the solution I found is to drag the audio file from the source back into the song and place it in an entirely new track to mix in, that way it plays throughout the entire song. As far as the glitches go, this is still occurring on a regular basis whenever I'm mixing or tracking.