Updating Studio One is a simple process that can be done from the StudioOne contextual menu under the HELP menu or by using your computer’s Web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.).
From with in the StudioOne Software:
Click on the "Help" tab in Studio One, in the drop down menu select the option "Check for updates".
This will open an internet browser and StudioOne will use the username and password set in your online activation section to communicate with the PreSonus user account and access that account to initiate the download needed to update the software.
Important Notes: If the built in updater is not working for any reason, use the steps outlined below to log into your user account and download the installer file directly from your user account.
Studio One Specifications
Unlike certain other programs, Studio One is not updated via a “patch”; the new version simply replaces the previous version, resulting in an update. This will not affect your settings, songs, or files in any way. We recommend updating Studio One regularly as new versions come out, as this will improve the performance of the software, as well as adding new features.
Follow the steps below to download and install the new version of Studio One from your user account:
1. Close Studio One. Studio One cannot be running while you perform the update.
2. Visit www.presonus.com and click “Log Into myPreSonus" in the upper-right corner.
3. Enter your username and password, then select "Sign In."
4. Locate the "My Software" area, then select the Studio One product you wish to update.
Note: the Studio One installer is the same for all versions: Artist, Producer, and Professional. You can download the Studio One program from any of your Studio One products and achieve the same update without a loss of features. The version of Studio One installed on your computer is determined by the product key that you activated it with, not the file that you installed.
From here, the process will differ depending on whether you are installing Studio One on a Mac or a Windows PC.
For Windows PCs:
1. Now that you've selected the Studio One product in your account, our website will automatically detect what operating system that you are using; in this case, since we're on a Windows PC, only the installers for Windows are visible. Simply right-click the correct version, then select "Save link as..." or "Save target as..."
Note: a 32-bit program can be installed on both a 32-bit operating system and a 64-bit operating system. However, the 64-bit version can only be installed on a 64-bit operating system. More info on 32-bit vs. 64-bit operating systems can be found at this link.
2. Save the file to your computer’s desktop for easy access.
3. Locate the file on your desktop, right-click it, and select “Run as administrator.”
The Installer wizard will now walk you through the rest of the installation process. Allow the installation to finish, then open Studio One, and you’ll be up to date!
1. If you're on a Mac, there will only be one version of Studio One available for download. Simply right-click it, select "Save link as..." or "Save target as..."
2. Save the .dmg file to your desktop.
3. Double-click the .dmg file on your desktop to open it. It should appear as below:
4. Click on the Studio One icon and hold-down your mouse; drag the icon on top of the Applications folder, as shown in the image below. Release your mouse to drop the Studio One application into your Applications folder.
5. You will now be prompted to replace the current file; select “replace” so that you overwrite the previous version of Studio One. Allow the application to install, and you’ll be up to date!