Customers who already have Studio One Artist may decide to purchase an upgrade to Producer or Professional either via our online webstore or from an Authorized Dealer such as Guitar Center, Sam Ash, Musician's Friend, Sweetwater, AMS, etc. You may be upgrading StudioOne Artist version 1 to StudioOne Artist version 2, the same steps will apply. Upon payment for the upgrade, you should receive a 28-digit Upgrade Key from the vendor. Some stores will print this on their store receipt. Online sales typically involve an email sent to the customer to serve as both a payment receipt and product (Key) delivery method.
CLICK HERE TO --> [PURCHASE AN UPGRADE]
Once you have your 28-digit Upgrade Key in front of you (either a store receipt or email) in the following format: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX (the same rules apply with our regular Product Keys: 28-Digits, no zero's (0) or one's (1), required dashes (-) after every fourth digit) it's time to "redeem" your Upgrade Key online.
1. Log into your PreSonus User Account: https://my.presonus.com/auth/login
2. Look under the "My Products" --> "Software" section on the lower-left hand area of your Account page.
3. Find your Studio One (Version 1) or Version 2 Artist (or Producer) - "View More Details", whichever is applicable to your account history product link (it will be in blue text). Click it. This will bring you into the Product Info screen. If you look carefully, there will be a button (in green) labelled as "Upgrade". Click on it.
4. You'll see a new window with a box prompting you to enter in your Upgrade Key. This would be the 28-Digit Upgrade Key that was discussed at length in the section above these instructions. See the attachment above.
5. Type or copy/paste that Upgrade Key in now. Remember the rules: dashes (-) after every 4th digit, no zero's (0) or one's (1) as these would be letter (O) "Oscar" or (L) "Lima".
6. Click "Upgrade".
You should see a confirmation message if the Upgrade Key was entered in successfully. If you are a Version 1 software customer that just upgraded to Version 2, please download the Version 2 software using the Download Link(s) that just appeared in front of you before continuing.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Always remember when upgrading, to install the new build of StudioOne from your user account after you have registered the new upgrade to ensure you are getting the latest build available as the build located in your account will always be the latest build of the software available for download. Once installed, you will need to activate the software as the registered version to unlock the content available for that version. Activation steps are listed below.
- If you need detailed instructions on installing StudioOne's latest build from your listed registrar of Studio One in your PreSonus user account, please see the following installation guide: Installing the latest build of Studio One version 2
- Once the latest build of version 2 has been installed, Studio One 2 needs to be activated in order to unlock the content for the upgraded registered version. The following instructions below outline the required steps to activate Studio One version 2 properly.
* You must actively be connected to an internet network in order to perform an online activation of StudioOne.
Complete instructions here: On line activation
Complete instructions here: Offline Activation Instructions
Proceed to:  Installing Additional Content (PreSonus Sound Sets)