Any large dialog that potentially has multiple different settings or configurations or options is an opoortunity to consider it having presets attached to it to avoid having to repeatedly set it to multiple different configurations. Given how all of Studio Ones background files are simple XML, this should be a relative easy thing to do.
What Should Probably Have Presets (the dialog windows or preference screens)
- Export Mixdown Dialog (settings, path, etc, etc)
- Export Stems Dialog (same as above)
- Song Setup | General (sample rate, video frame rate, etc, etc)
- Song Setup | Meta Information ( presets with multiple client metadata mostly already setup)
- Song Setup | Audio IO Setup (different physical IO configuration, presets)
- Options | Advanced (the whole thing, all 6 tab settings there to one preset)
Imo, users should have to set most of those things more than once, and just store them and recall them at any time.
Cubendo: Especially with general preferences it makes sense o have presets so you can quickly jump from one configuration to another without changing multiple different preference settings manually. .