Studio One will be installed from either a physical installation disc or a downloaded installer package, depending on the method of your purchase. Once installed, Studio One must be activated in order to use the program. The following outlines the required steps to activate Studio One.
1. Create a User Account
- After installing Studio One, launch the program, and the "Activate Studio One" menu will appear.
- If you are a new Studio One user, you will need to create a user account. Follow the "Create Account" link if your computer is connected to the Internet. If your computer is not connected to the Internet, go to a computer that is connected to the internet and visit this link.
- Once at the registration page, click on the Register link, and then fill out the form and click on Submit. Please be certain the email address you provide is correct, and that email from PreSonus will not be filtered or deleted by a SPAM filter or other software.
- An email from PreSonus Registration will now be automatically sent to the email address you provided in order to verify your email address. Click on the link in this email to activate your account. If you do not see the email within a few minutes of clicking on Submit, then it likely ended up in a spam folder, or was deleted automatically by your email client. In this case, please contact Technical Support to have your account manually activated.
2. Activate Studio One
Now that you have created and activated your user account, you can activate your copy of Studio One. If you have not already done so, launch Studio One and the Activate Studio One menu will appear.
- If the computer on which Studio One has been installed is connected to the Internet, click on the "Activate Online" link and enter your previously created account Username, Password, and the Product Key you received with the Studio One installation disc, or in an email if you made a purchase online. Click on the "Activate" button to finish the activation process.
- If the computer on which Studio One has been installed is not connected to the Internet, click on the "Activate Offline" link in the "Activate Studio One" menu, and make note of the Activation Code shown under step 3 in the instructions.
- Then, go to a computer with an internet connection, visit http://www.presonus.com/registration and log in to your account. Click on the "Software Registration" link and enter your Product Key as printed on the Studio One package, or provided via email. Click on Submit and you will then be taken to your Software List, which should now have your Studio One product listed.
- Next, click on the "Activate" link listed next to your Studio One product and enter the Activation Code as given in the Offline Activation menu. You may list a computer name to help you keep track of your 5 allowed activations; for instance, if you intend to install Studio One on a desktop and laptop, you may choose to name the activations "DESKTOP" and "LAPTOP".
- You will then be given a link to download your User License file. Save this file to some external media (CD, thumb drive, etc), and then copy the file to the computer on which Studio One is installed. Finally, you may either locate the file in the Offline Activation menu, or simply drag and drop the file on top of the menu to activate Studio One.