The solutions above worked for me!
I have Windows 10 on a 2015 ThinkPad, and AudioBox USB 96, running with Universal Control driver.
My goal: stream music from GooglePlayDesktop application, and play along using Pianoteq VST. This requires two applications using the ASIO driver.
Following suggestions in this thread, I was able to make this work!!
- In Pianoteq:
- I chose the Windows driver (not Windows Exclusive)
- I then changed back to ASIO
- I confirmed that it was running at 44.1KHz
- In Windows, I right clicked on speaker icon in lower right of system tray
- i clicked Playback Devices
- i clicked the AudioBox
- i clicked Properties -> Advanced
- changed the sample rate from 48 to 44.1
That's it. It works now! Amazing.