It would be great to have some sort of scriptable interface to the notated score.
The workflow could go something like this:
1) Select a section or sections of the score.
2) Right-click on any portion of the selected section.
3) Select a "Performance Script" menu item, which has sub-items like "Presets", "User Scripts", and "Empty Script".
4) A basic text-editor window pops up and displays the contents of the script and three buttons at the bottom: "Save", "Cancel", and "Apply".
5) The script looks something like the following:
/* ScriptName: Randomize Note Start and Velocity, Overlap Note Starts and Ends, and Shift Octave Down Description: Pulls notes slightly ahead in time with some notes lagging behind, but preserves the duration of the note. Varies the velocity of the note plus or minus twenty relevant to dynamic and articulation markings. Also causes an overlap between the note start and ends for a legato effects. */
ChangeNoteStarts(max:+10, min:-5, KeepDurations); ChangeNoteVelocities(max:+20,min:-20,KeepCurrentVelocityAsCenter,RampToDymamicMarkings); OverlapNoteStartAndEnd(max:+10,min:+10); Transpose(-12);
6) Modify any script lines as needed then click the "Save" and/or "Apply" button(s).
7) Under the hood, Notion modifies the performance parameters of the selected notes.
This scripting would be IN ADDITION TO the existing custom playback rules, not as a replacement.
Kurt M. Landre'