An audio to text (lyrics) for a vocal track would be excellent. Similar to the Dictate function in some Microsoft Office applications.
If unable to convert during real-time recording of live vocals because it would impeded performance, create latency, impact CPU it could be done once recorded.
How it could be implemented?
Mark track as a vocal track, this will activate other options in tool bar or by right clicking on track for menu list.
Options would be convert to text (lyrics).
There could be several options what do to with the text when being or after it’s been converted.
- Show in score/notation view – and allow editing of text.
- Show along top of screen (global track visibility) running parallel with arranger track. And allow editing of text.
- Save as ‘word’ document. This would allow the user to call up the full lyrics. If arranger track active, headings could be added to show if lyrics is verse 1, chorus, bridge etc. There could be an option to print, or e-mail as a document, or option to ‘throw’ document to users tablet or phone.
- View lyrics similar to the new Chord Display screen in the Edit screen
- In SHOW screen, in addition to the above option, add a teleprompter option to the page which can viewed on the computer or ‘thrown’ to another device tablet or phone to assist vocalist in live performance.