Please try increasing your ASIO buffer size for your AudioBox iTwo in Universal Control, prior to opening Studio One. See if a higher ASIO buffer size/Device Block Size puts less strain on your CPU.
Should that not resolve the issue, here are some additional troubleshooting suggestions:
- Is the AudioBox iTwo directly connected to the computer or through a USB Hub? If it is on a hub, please try connecting directly to the computer via a rear USB port.
- Also, please try installing the AudioBox iTwo on a different USB port.
- If possible, temporarily install Universal Control and the AudioBox iTwo on a different computer to see if the issue reoccurs there.
If the above does not help, please submit a support ticket including the following information:
You can help me get a better view of your hardware configuration by sending back the following requested files:
You will need to have your AudioBox iTwo attached to the computer by USB and powered on when you do this.
1. Please send me your computer's System Info file.
To access your PC’s System Information on Windows 8 and Windows 10:
1. Go to the Desktop.
2. Press [WinLogoKey] + R to bring up 'Run'.
3. Type 'msinfo32' without quotes.
4. Press the [Enter] key.
5. IMPORTANT: Click File then "Save...," save this file as a .nfo file format and rename the file your name and attach it to this email.