Try refreshing Studio One's application settings to see if it has any impact on that occasional issue.
1. Go to Help>Open Settings folder.
2. Copy the contents of the folder over to a folder on your desktop.
3. Close S1 and delete the contents of the settings folder with the exception of the user.license file as well as the "Extensions" folder.
4. Open S1 and go to Studio One>Options (Preferences on a Mac) to reconfigure your settings.
5. Test to see if the problem is resolved. If it is not, please feel free to copy your settings files back over from the backup that you created in step 2.
*If you are missing presets or Sound Sets after doing this, simply double-click one of your Sound Sets under Documents>Studio One>Sound Sets.
Also, make sure to use a fast audio drive, 7200 RPM minimum, and consider, when that happens, what if anything else may be going on with your system resource wise that may be playing a part in that, other applications, web browsers, auto-updates, anti-virus, anything that might take hold of the CPU and cause that delay, if you can correlate that happening to anything else like that.