At the moment in Studio One v3.2 the Splitter > Frequency Split, when applied, alters the original sound due to its cross-over points being to wide or not phase neutral.
If you do not hear it, you can easily perform the following test:
- get two identical audio tracks going (same audio loop loaded, same track volume)
- on on of them insert the Mixtool and invert left and right channel
- now the two identical audio loops are completely 180 degrees out of phase with each other and will cancel each other out, resulting in absolute silence
- now on the channel with the Mixtool inserted, apply a splitter before the Mixtool and make it a Frequency Split
- Low and behold, you now hear sound again because the two audio files are no longer cancelling each other out perfectly because the frequency split on the one channel has altered the frequency content of the playing file due to the crossover points of the frequency split
Now I don't know about you, but I want the frequency content to be unaltered/exactly like it was/true to the original after I apply a Frequency Split. Then I can choose which part of the frequency spectrum I wish to apply effects to.
So please, Presonus... find a way to employ a Frequency Split that does not alter the frequency balance by simply applying the split.