We’ve been getting a ton of questions about how to integrate Nimbit with PreSonus Studio One 2. Once Nimbit is integrated with this amazing digital audio workstation, you can sell and promote your music as soon as it’s created. The good news is it’s easy. All you need to do is Install the free Nimbit Extension for Studio One 2. We’ve created the short video below to show you how to do it, and also how to sign up for Nimbit. Below the video we’ve included the script in case you need step by step instructions.
Installing the Nimbit Extension & setting up your account
Well, let’s get started. The first step is to install the Nimbit Extension for PreSonus Studio One 2.
We’re certain that all of you have the latest version of Studio One 2 installed…but just in case a few of you have been so busy making music that you’re not caught up, let’s make sure you have at least version 2.0.6 installed. To do that, click Help | Check for Updates. You can also log into your user account at presonus.com and access the latest update there.
Ok this machine is up to date. If you’re not, install version 2.0.6 or the latest version before you proceed.
- Next let’s open The Studio One Exchange.
- Start by having a project or song open
- In the lower right corner click “Files”
- Then in the upper right corner click “Servers”
- Then Double-click Exchange. You’ll get a dialog asking for permission to use the information stored in your PreSonus user account.
- Click Allow. You should now see the Exchange expand with different options of things you can add.
- Click Extensions
- Then Click on Nimbit Support for Mac or Windows, depending on which version you’re running.
- And then the Green Install button in the lower right.
- When you see the dialog reading “Do you want to install this extension” click Install
- At the top of the Studio One Extension list, you should now see text that reads “You must restart Studio One for the changes to take effect. And in blue text Restart Now. Click Restart Now
Setting Up Your Nimbit Account
OK, We’re back in the Studio One 2 Start page. If everything installed correctly, you should see the Nimbit icon in the upper left corner right next to the sound cloud icon. It kind of looks like an exploding music note.
- Go ahead…click it…you know you want to
- A Simple Dialog pops up asking you to sign in with your Nimbit User Name and Password or a green link to create a new account. If you already have a Nimbit account, remember to click “remember my credentials” to save yourself time in the future. If not, click Create New Account
- Your web browser will open to the Nimbit Sign Up Page. Select either a Free Nimbitsubscription or a paid Nimbit Plus subscription. We’ll explain the differences in a later video, but if you just can’t wait click compare plans to see the benefits you get with each plan. For the purpose of this video we are going to sign up for Nimbit Free.
- All you need to do is enter a first & last name, email address, artist or organization name, username, and password. We’d also appreciate it if you could tell us what your primary role is, so that we can later customize Nimbit to better suit your needs.
- Then Click Submit.
That’s it. You should now see the front page of the Nimbit Dashboard and are set up to sell andpromote your music directly from Studio One.
Want to go the extra mile? There are a few things you might want to do now (while you are in your new Nimbit account) that will save you time later.
- Click Account in the Upper Right.
- On this page, if you have one, enter in your website URL and your Bio.
- We also suppose you’d like to get paid for your sales, so in the left column click Payment info,and be sure to enter in your PayPal information here.