I want to have the option of holding Ctrl or Cmd (on Mac) while opening a project to open the project in a "Safe Mode" where the user gets a list of plugins used in the project, and can chose which to load and which to remove.
I bring this up because something about the last Kontakt update (or some reorganization of directories on my sample library drive) was causing one particular S1 project to hang up while loading. My old DAW had a mode that would have allowed me to easily load the project without Kontakt so the issue could be fixed.
So I see something like this happening:
1. User launches Studio One and goes to the start page
2. User holds Ctrl or Cmd while clicking opening a song/project
3. A window pops up showing a list of all plugins used in the song
4. User selects which plugins to load, and which to remove
5. The song/project loads with the corresponding plugins
This way if a plugin is causing a project to fail to load, it will be easier than the current process (outlined here: https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=152&t=32
) of disabling VST2 and VST3 plugin support. This method would be faster as the user would only need to close and reopen the project.