-You may want to try disabling "Burnproof" when burning your CD as not all burners support "Burnproof."
-You may also want to try writing to a temporary image first before burning to disk.
-Here is a link to another question in the Answers system with information on supported CD burners.
-Try using a different brand of writable CDs.
-Try uninstalling and re-installing Studio One 3. You may also want to try clearing your settings files out of the program. Here are instructions:
1. Go to Help>Open Settings folder.
2. Copy the contents of the folder over to a folder on your desktop.
3. Close S1 and delete the contents of the settings folder with the exception of the user.license file as well as the "Extensions" folder.
4. Open S1 and go to Studio One>Options (Preferences on a Mac) to reconfigure your settings.
5. Test to see if the problem is resolved. If it is not, please feel free to copy your settings files back over from the backup that you created in step 2.
*If you are missing presets or Sound Sets after doing this, simply double-click one of your Sound Sets under Documents>Studio One>Sound Sets.