I’m trying to setup and calibration the MSv2 as per the manual but the first thing I noticed was that the MSv2 seemed very quiet compared to the mixer.
When I started calibration, 54db for the left speaker was the loudest I could go. I see I can calibrate the meters on the MSv2 but that doesn’t change the input volume right?
- Logic project, one stereo track, pink noise plugin set to -20db/1000Hz, faders set to 0
- Focusrite Clarett 8pre, analogue outs 1&2, monitor pot set to full
- Monitor Station v2 ST1, main knob on full, speaker A trimpot on full
- Event Project Studio 5 monitors (front ported), front volume on full, input sensitivity on full
- Very small room, 3m x 2m (was planning on about 70db for this room)
When I was using the Yamaha MG10 mixer (everything else the same, just swapped it for the MSv2) I had the opposite issue, everything was too loud. So I had channel pots set to 5 and the master set to 7 (with the monitors on full).
Sorry if this is simple, just not sure where I'm going wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.