I've noticed that when I'm tracking, the volume of the source being live monitored (DAW monitoring), is lower than the volume of the recorded track in playback by about 6dB. i.e. if I'm tracking a vocal, I have to crank it up for the signer to hear himself, but when I play it playback, the vocal is really loud.
Also, I can't just crank it up, I have to use the Focusrite's built in mixer to add dry vocal (via a send on the vocal channel), or the vocal sounds very wet because the dry send drop that 6dB or so, but the FX bus is monitoring at playback volume.
- Focusrite Red8 Pre Interface set to 128 sample block and 48 kHz sample rate
- Drop Out Protection on Minimum, native low latency monitoring is greyed out.
- Total plugin latency is 0ms (I like 0 latency plugin when tracking... i.e. I turn off the ms hogs).
- I'm using Slate VMR on the track, and slate VMR and VBC on the master. The reverbs are Slate VerbSuite.
- I have 2 sends going to reverb FX channels, which then route to an overall vocal FX bus.
- I'm only recording one track at a time, not multiple.