I agree. I'm adding my comments to this thread.
Concerning, bypassing Plugins on multiple channels, there are two sections, Inserts and Sends.
If this feature was added please consider the following:
1) Ability to bypass inserts only for single and multiple tracks.
2) Ability to bypass first plugin on single track and across multiple tracks.
3) Ability to bypass up to a specific plugin on a single track and across multiple tracks.
4) Ability to bypass plugins by category such as EQ, Dynamics, FX
5) Ability to bypass sends. First send and up to any of the sends below for a single tracks and multiple tracks.
6) Ability to bypass plugins and sends, both together and separate in entire session
7) Ability to commit or freeze up to a specific plugin and ability to undo.
This feature is important and fundamental for comparing the change b/w processed and non processed tracks known as AB. The AB should be done without compromising the input levels either pre or post fader. If a session's output is -18dbfs RMS with plugins, then the same level should be maintained when the inserts and sends are bypassed. In this way, the AB is true. This AB can only be performed as a whole. Currently, bypassing inserts and sends individually takes away form the ability for any trained and untrained ear to truly hear the impact the processing has done to the tracks.
Thank you, George Pinto