I'm writing you because I just bought a Presonus Studiolive 16r and am encountering some problems which I hadn't anticipated. My intention was to use it as a stagebox with my Motu ultralite AVB interface. I get the signals from the presonus alright but :
- I can't control the preamps gain, mute or phantom
- I can't send signals from the computer to the presonus' mix outs.
- and most important the presonus is locked in 48khz.
I can live without the remote control of the preamps and maybe even without the mix outs. But I find it very problematic to have the studiolive locked in 48khz, specially when it is advertised as being suited for recording. I am aware though that the console is not designed to work with third party devices. My questions concerning these issues are the following :
- it is said in forums that 44.1 khz was announced for July 2017. Will this ever be released ? Are other sample rates going to be available somewhere down the road?
- is it possible to bypass the DSP and just use the preamps via an AVB network (i.e. directly connected to the MOTU) as in the stagebox mode available when connected to a Presonus Mixer (if I understood correctly the manual).
- Would the NSB 8.8 work in the set-up I described ?
I'm open to any suggestion that would get me out of this.
I would appreciate a quick response since I do need a workaround for I have several projects coming up which require a similar setup.
Thank you very much and best wishes,