[My sincere apologies - I've Edited for Clarity]
I am using 2 daisychained Quantums, with Studio One Pro, Faderport16. My L/R main outs from the Quantum go into a sub, which in turn go into the main inputs on the Monitor Station v2. Out of the Monitor Station V2 CUE outs I go to an ART HeadAmp6 Pro. Everything goes well until it gets to my Headphone amp - I can get virtually no clean signal through the Headphone amp and wondering if there is a setting I am missing, or is it literally that my brand new headphone amp is faulty. So far I have tried:
1) CUE outputs from Monitor station to 1/4" Main L/R on Headphone amp
2) Line out on Monitor Station to 1/4" Main L/R on the Headphone amp
3) Mains out from Quantum directly into the 1/4" Main L/R on the Headphone amp
4) Headphone out from front of Quantum with Y splitter and into Main L/R of Headphone amp
5) Headphone out from headphone jack on Monitor station with Y splitter into the Main L/R of Headphone amp
Every config it just sounds buzzy and like there's not enough signal to power the headphones (AKG K702), yet when i jack my cans into the monitor station, or the quantum, it's crystal clear.
All the outlets in my studio are isolated grounds, but even still, I tried plugging into a regular outlet with same results?
Is this a simple case of bad gear (the headphone amp), or I've configured something wrong somewhere?
Thanks very much for any help,