Questions & Answers

Midi Notes jumping around

0 votes
36 views
asked Mar 22 in Studio One 4 by brentchaisson (1,140 points)
Hi folks,

This is the first time in 5 years that my midi is off. I've checked all the usual suspects too. Here's what's happening. After I record a synth track, during the playback the notes are jumping around. 85% of the time, the notes are right where I played them... the other 15% are recorded in early or late. This is driving me bonkers!! I've checked the latency, inputs/outputs, etc, etc. and it will NOT record how I played it.

M-Audio key station 49e

Late 2015 iMac

Presonus studiolive 32R

SI V4 (newest version)

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Jul 26 by xyenzfyxion (2,340 points)
Hi, Brent.

This is happening to me, too. My MIDI notes are always all shifted earlier in time (to the left) by about a 1/32 note (@ 82-88 bpm). Jonny Lipsham blamed my playing style, which is inaccurate. I wish there was some recourse. I wonder if it was fixed in V5.
...