Questions & Answers

I want to change the notation of "A ♭ key" to "#G key"

0 votes
asked Dec 13, 2020 in Studio One 5 by lzbovfdb (150 points)
About the notation of the key I want to change the notation of "A ♭ key" to "#G key", but I don't know how to do it. I would appreciate it if you could tell me.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Dec 14, 2020 by aka_busker (32,870 points)
Hi. You will get a flat or g sharp depending on what key you are using.  You generally don't mix sharps and flats in a key.  For example - E major has a G# but Eb major has an Ab.  Enharmonically they are the same, but they are not the same note.  It's one of those dubious music theory things, I am afraid.   But essentially you can blame 17th century theorists for the issue .  It was about that time that our modern music harmony theory was created.