Questions & Answers

How do I interface the CS18/RM/32/Laptop with both the AVB switch and the Apple wireless router?

+1 vote
417 views
asked Apr 8, 2016 in Ai Mixers by robcollins (160 points)
I want access to all functions on both the CS18 and the RM32. Is it possible to interface the CS18/RM/32/Laptop with both the AVB switch and the Apple wireless router? If so how would all 5 pieces be connected? Would I connect the laptop and the CS18 and the RM32 to the AVB switch and then the AVB switch to the Apple router?

1 Answer

+1 vote
answered May 9, 2016 by AlexTinsley (772,520 points)
 
Best answer

I want access to all functions on both the CS18 and the RM32. 

Is it possible to interface the CS18/RM/32/Laptop with both the AVB switch and the Apple wireless router? 

- Yes

If so how would all 5 pieces be connected? Would I connect the laptop and the CS18 and the RM32 to the AVB switch and then the AVB switch to the Apple router?

- Yes

You AVB Switch is designed so that 25% of the traffic is dedicated to AVB operations (CS18 and RM32) with the remaining 75% to all other 802.3 operations (i.e. your laptop, internet). Then for internet and DHCP your router would handle this through the wired connection. 

Remember Apple computers default to a wireless connection. For an optimal network run your laptop on an all wired connection, turn off your Apple wireless to force wired functionality. 

Also please read the UC Surface 1.5 addendum to learn more about how to setup your IP Addressing for CS18 and RM32. 

...