Hi there, I am using a Studio 68c to record on a Windows 11 PC. It's a Lenovo Laptop with Core i7 and 16GB of RAM so no resources issue. I get crackling while monitoring, but even worse, it gets recorded and can be heard afterwise so the recording is useless. The crackling cannot be heard when direct monitoring, only software.
The issue happens mostly on Windows, because while software monitoring on an iPad it did not happen. Also it's something from Presonus because with my older interface this did not happen even on this Windows laptop. With the Presonus Interface it happens with Studio One or any DAW I use.
-I am not using any VST or processing while recording
-Windows 11 updated to the latest drivers
-Studio One and Universal Control with Latest Drivers
-Interface using latest firware. Reinstalled various times
-The PC does not have any antivirus other than Windows Defender
Things I have tried that haven't helped:
1) Increasing buffer size
2) Disabling all other audio devices
3) Setting minimum CPU % to 100%
4) Setting power plan to high performance
5) Using ASIO4ALL
6) Using Process Lasso to set Windows Audio process as High Priority
7) Setting the laptop in Airplane Mode
8) Creating new song in Studio One or other DAWs
9) Tried all ports, USB3 and USB-C
10) Restarted PC and Interface many many times.
I'm out of ideas. I can't work on an iPad so if this interface does not work with Windows I'll need to return it.