Removing FireStudio 2626 (OSX Lion) Driver Files
1. Disconnect your FireStudio 2626 interface
2. Open the Finder window. The files are listed by location tree. For example, to locate the MacHD/Applications/FireControl file, you will Click on Applications in the Finder. This is the file you will move to the Trash.
Delete the following from your computer (note some files will require that you type in your administrative password):
• MacHD/Library/Application Support/PaeFireStudio (Do not delete this if you also have Universal Control installed)
• MacHD/Library/Application Support/PreSonus/Devices/firestudiodevice.bundle
• MacHD/Library/Audio/MIDIDrivers/PAEFireStudioMIDIDriver.plugin (Do not delete this if you also have Universal Control installed)
• MacHD/Library/Preferences/PaeFireStudio.startup (Do not delete this if you also have Universal Control installed)
• MacHD/System/Library/Extensions/PaeFireStudio.kext (Do not delete this if you also have Universal Control installed)
(In OSX Lion, the User Library folder is hidden. To get to it, right-click on Finder in the Dock, then select "Go To Folder" and enter: ~/Library. This is necessary for deleting the next files)
• MacHD/Users/YOUR USERNAME /Application Support/PreSonus/FireStudio
• MacHD/Users/YOUR USERNAME /Library/Caches/Juce/juceAppLock_FireControl
(In OSX Lion, the Receipts folder is also hidden. To get to it, right-click on Finder in the Dock, then select "Go To Folder" and enter: /private/var/db/receipts. This is necessary for deleting the next 2 files)
• In the folder that opens, delete the following files:
Repairing Disk Permissions
5. Go to MacHD/Applications/Utilities/ and open “Disk Utility”
6. Select your System drive from list on the left
7. Click “Repair Disk Permissions”
8. Once your Disk Permissions have been repaired, Shut down your Mac
Resetting your PRAM
9. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously
10. Turn on the computer
11. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
12. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the start up sound for the second time.
13. Release the keys. You can re-install the drivers at this point.