Sometimes drivers do not install properly and can cause numerous issues with the functionality of your device. This is usually caused by certain files not being overwritten properly, or older files from previous installs causing conflicts. In most situations, you can just run the Univeral Control-AI installer and let it overwrite the previous version. Sometimes though, it is necessary to manually remove all traces of any Firestudio, Universal Control or Universal Control-AI related files that you may have on your computer before doing a fresh install of Universal Control-AI.
Uninstalling Universal Control-AI Drivers and Software
- Disconnect your StudioLive-AI mixer or any other Firestudio device.
- Quit all applications. Look in the System Tray in the lower right hand corner of your screen and check the list of running applications (you may need to click the Up arrow to show hidden applications). If you see the red Universal Control-AI icon, right-click it and select Quit from the pop-up menu
- On Windows 7, click on the START menu in the lower left hand corner of the screen and click Control Panel. On Windows 8, move the mouse into the upper right hand corner of the screen and then click on the Search icon (magnifying glass). In the Search field, type Control Panel and then click on the Control Panel shortcut in the list on the left.
- In Control Panel, select Programs>Uninstall a Program if you're in Category view, or select Programs and Features if you're in List view
- Find Universal Control AI in the list of Programs and select it.
- Choose “Uninstall” from the Programs and Features menu, or right click Universal Control and choose Uninstall. Follow the prompts.
- Now lets make sure the Roaming folder is cleaned up. On Windows 7, click the START menu in the lower left hand corner of the screen. In the search field, type %appdata% and hit enter on your keyboard. On Windows 8, move the mouse into the upper right hand corner of the screen and then click on the Search icon (magnifying glass). In the search field, type %appdata% and hit enter on your keyboard. This will take you to the Roaming folder.
- Open the PreSonus folder and delete the Universal Control AI folder located there.
- Empty your trash and reboot your computer
Downloading and Installing the latest driver
- Go to https://my.presonus.com and log in to your Presonus User Account.
- Once you're logged in to your account, in your My Hardware section, find the listing for your StudioLive AI mixer and click on it.
- The latest driver and software downloads for your mixer are available for download here. Click on the Universal Control AI with drivers and VSL AI for your Operating System to download it
- Once downloaded, run the installer, and reboot once it completes.
- Once your computer has rebooted, connect your StudioLive-AI. When your interface has synced with your computer, it is ready for use.