Using a template, which is fundamentally just a song file, will have no impact on that.
1. Please try increasing your ASIO buffer size for your audio interface in the control panel for the interface, prior to opening Studio One. See if a higher ASIO buffer size/Device Block Size puts less strain on your CPU.
2. If you open the performance monitor in Studio One, you can view the resources that are being used by each of your plug-ins. See if you can find a particular plug-in or set of plug-ins that might be causing the issue. This is probably going to be where this ticket goes and you may need to contact the manufacturer/s of the plug-ins.
3. If you identify a problematic plug-in, see if you have the option to disable multi-processing within that plug-in. If you can do this, then Studio One will be handling the CPU usage rather than the plug-in.
4. In Studio One, please go to Studio One>Options>Audio Setup and enable multi-processing. Make sure that you have selected all of your cores.
5. Try running your song at 44.1 khz. for the sample rate if you are not doing so already. I just want to make sure that you are not running at a high sample rate, which will cause more of a strain on your CPU.
6. Try uninstalling/re-installing Studio One from the Windows Control Panel. You will not lose any of your settings, scores, or downloaded content when doing this.
7. Try removing your settings from the program in the event that something is corrupt.
1. Go to Help>Open Settings folder.
2. Copy the contents of the folder over to a folder on your desktop.
3. Close S1 and delete the contents of the settings folder with the exception of the user.license file.
4. Open S1 and go to Studio One>Options (Preferences on a Mac) to reconfigure your settings.
5. Test to see if the problem is resolved. If it is not, please feel free to copy your settings files back over from the backup that you created in step 2.
*If you are missing presets or Sound Sets after doing this, simply double-click one of your Sound Sets under Documents>Studio One>Sound Sets.