Chances are you're reading this because you've asked the PreSonus Tech Support group for assistance with an issue you're having with your FireWire audio interface on your Windows computer. To help the support team it's helpful for them to take a look at which 1394/FireWire chipsets are installed on your system. To do this they will ask you to send them an an OHCI Report which is exclusive to the Windows operating system and the PreSonus line of 1394/FireWire Audio interfaces. .
The OHCI Tool is Exclusive to Windows. Mac OS X customers do not need to worry about this.
To obtain the OHCI Report, you'll need to download a small utility file to run. This program scans your computer in order to determine whether or not the firewire card on the computer is compatible with our interfaces.
Download the following OHCI tool:
- Click this link to download the file.
- Run the downloaded ohciTool.exe file and click the "Scan Now" button
- Take a screen shot of the results and attach that to your support ticket.
- To take a screenshot in Windows XP use the Control+Print Screen Button, then open up Paint in Windows Accessories and hit Control + V on your keyboard to paste the image to the blank space. Save the picture to your computer and send us the picture.
- To take a screenshot in Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10, open up Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories, select New and then with your mouse click and drag a square around the image in the OHCI tool, when you let go of the mouse button, the image will appear in a preview Window, click on File then Save it to your system and attach that image to the return support email.
Your image should look something like this: