How about a free form TAB setting/staff for quick notation without rhythm? It would be great for teaching lessons, notating scales, patterns, etc. Adding rhythm notation is slower and sometimes not needed. I would love notation for TAB if there was a way to just enter tabs numbers quickly. With rhythms it can be cumbersome to enter TAB. Trying to eliminate step 2 (Taken from the Notion User Guide 13.3)
You can directly Enter notes into a Tab staff.
Text Box Method
You specify a fret number after you place the note on a string.
1. Ensure you are in Edit mode.
2. Place a note or rest value (such as quarter note or eighth rest) on your Music Cursor either from clicking your choice
in the Entry Palette or by pressing a keyboard shortcut.
3. Go to the place in the score where you need a note and position the Music Cursor over the correct Tab line (string).
4. Click your mouse or press Enter.
» Notion creates a temporary text box at this location with a default fret number of zero
(an open string), as in the illustration to the right.
5. In the text box type a fret number for a note on this string and press Enter.