Questions & Answers

Update Mastering file in Studio One not working correctly!

+2 votes
159 views
asked Jan 28, 2019 in Studio One 4 by ikandakaidavis (1,160 points)
Hi guys, After finishing a song and adding a Project in Studio One I noticed that going back to correct anything in the mix then saving and updating mastering file doesn't reflect any of the changes unless I do a whole new project again. This has been happening since I updated to Studio One 4 and still in the 4.1.3.5 update.

Ive tried everything I could think of. Removing all plugins on the project. restarting. re installing. Still no fix. Can anyone address this for me?

I can't finish my clients projects

4 Answers

+2 votes
answered Oct 1, 2019 by jonnystone (180 points)
Sorry, no answer to this, but its been 9 months since you asked this so I thought I would ask to see if you found the answer as I am now experiencing the same problem in S1 V3!
0 votes
answered Nov 14, 2019 by gregoryjones2 (140 points)
Hello... I stumbled upon a solution.....simply adjust your START & END flags at the top of your timeline. (Marker Area)
0 votes
answered Dec 25, 2019 by ikandakaidavis (1,160 points)
I never found a fix for this. I’m literally going through this right right now on Christmas Day.

I just saw the responses and I’m trying what was suggested.....

Updating mastering file....

It’s says updated- I go to listen and it’s not. I know because I MUTED the baseline 4 bars in the intro and it’s not playing the same thing in the “updated master file”

So now I have to save my master presets and chain then open a new project . Really really stressing.

Rather amazing that it’s been this long and presonus hasn’t gotten to this.

I feel I deserve a lil bitty wit more help than this especially with how invested i am In presonus Hardware and software
0 votes
answered Dec 29, 2019 by harveywright (800 points)
edited Dec 30, 2019 by harveywright

I'm having the exact same issue in 4.6. From the song, I intentionally lowered the volume to test it and then updated the mastering file. In the Project Page, the waveform correctly shows the lower volume and the loudness detection works as expected, but the volume does not change until like 15 seconds into the song or toward the end of the song. If I locate the actual mastering file, the wave file plays fine in other apps. It even plays file if I use the browser within the Project Page to preview it. So, the file is getting updated. There's a problem with the Project Page. Creating a new project or adjusting the START & END flags on the song page did not work for me. I have tried creating a song with just a wave file and no plugins to rule out plugins. Switching to the built-in audio did not work. I also did a complete reinstall of the S1. I downgraded to version 4.5.5 and the Project Page is working correctly. 

...