We have released a new update that implements the ability to toggle in realtime between Native, MCU or HUI mode into a MIDI Control Mode without the need for a reboot.
This was introduced with 3.42 firmware in Universal Control 22.214.171.124558 released on Feb 25, 2020.
To enter MIDI operation mode in the FaderPort 8 or 16:
- While in any Standard Operation mode (Logic, Studio One, etc.), press both Shift buttons simultaneously
- The screens will display "MIDI Mode"
- The previous standard operation mode (Logic, Studio One, etc.) ceases and the unit will only send out the defined MIDI values below
To exit MIDI operation mode in the FaderPort 8 or 16:
- Press both Shift buttons simultaneously.
- The unit will return to the last used standard operation mode
- The unit shall update to it’s last state before “MIDI Mode