I have an audio file that has a variable tempo that I want to stretch to a constant tempo. One way I have done this previously is in the following steps:
- I trim the audio so that the first beat is at the beginning of the event
- I select "Don't follow tempo" for the track and then analyse it with Melodyne
- In Melodyne I get the profile of the variable tempo, and I select "Confirm x BPM to y BPM as file tempo"
- Then I drag the event onto the tempo track to get the tempo variation from Melodyne into the project tempo
- I select "Follow tempo" for the audio track and remove the automation points in the tempo track
Now I would think that the audio track should stretch to a constant tempo, but it doesn't. Do you know why, or how I can solve this?
Thanks in advance!