I'm currently using a StudioLive Series III 16R as a rack mixer, controlled by iPad. I've configured my setup to use both USB and AVB, connected to a Mac Mini. I previously had a StudioLive RM16AI rack mixer configured the same way but took advantage of the trade-in program.
The tricky part when initially setting up a MultiRack setup is making sure you have the correct routing in order to get sound through your channel.
- Plug your mic/intrument into your channel inputs
- Set your Presonus mixer channels to use USB routing.
- Set the mixer channels Send Source to Analog.
- In MultiRack, choose your StudioLive mixer as the interface device.
- In MultiRack, set the selected rack inputs and outputs to match the USB paths used by your Presonus mixer channels.
That should do it.