Hello guys. I posted an answer a couple of days regarding the same issue. Thankfully I have figured it out after hours of trying. As it turns out, this equipment (both interface and Studio One) are not plug and play as for example the focusrite my wife owns. What I had to do was:
- Create a new song in Studio One
- Go to Studio One preferences
- Click on Song setup
- Click on the top where it says Audio I/O setup
- Click where it says Input L+R so it turns blue and then click on Remove
- Do the same as step 5 for Input L and Input R
- In my case I want to record drums so I have 7 mics. Therefore now I click on Add (mono) x 7 times.
- You will see that automatically on the matrix on the right, for Input 1 there will appear a letter M on Mic/Instrument 1 and so on for each input you create.
- Now click on Apply in the lower part of the window and then ok.
- Then click on Track at the top menu.
- It will automatically will create 7 tracks (or as many tracks as inputs you have created) and you will FINALLY get signals on both monitors and headphones.
- You are good to go.
This solved the problem for me and I came to the conclusion that it all came down to me being a beginner in this recording-DAW world. In other words, for a user of Studio One (and probably other DAWs) this would have been obvious from the start. For me it wasn't as I have recorded other instruments I have using a 2 channel focusrite with garageband. In that case it would be plug-and-play.
Hopefully this solves the problem for you too.