Hey guys and girls from the PreSonus forum,
Unfortunately, I've been running into some trouble trying to record my Roland TD-17 in Studio One 5 (Artist).
I have connected the drum kit with a USB cable. After an automatic Windows setup, I followed these steps, according to the Studio One guide:
- Opened "Options" under "Studio One" in the top-left toolbar
- Went to the page where you manage External Devices
- Clicked "Add" to add a new one, and selected New Instrument
- Named my device accordingly
- Set Receive From to my Roland TD-17
- Set Send To to my Roland TD-17
- Left the MIDI Channels on default
- Did not touch any further settings
After adding the External Device, I went on to set up the AUX channel according to these steps in the guide:
- Click [External] in the Console Navigation column to open the External Devices panel.
- Click the menu arrow for the external device.
- Select Edit from the menu to open the control mapping window.
- Click the Outputs button ().
- Select Add Aux Channel at the bottom of the window. An Aux Channel appears in the Console.
I also clicked save default as mentioned in the guide. Now, there's another step in the guide which wasn't exactly clear to me:
"Route the Aux Channel to the desired output. Your external device is now available the Console."
I wasn't sure where to define the output routing. Anyway, I created an Instrument Track for the AUX channel.
When I hit one of my drum's triggers, I can see in the bottom left corner that the MIDI is responding. There is a small spike in the red "Performance" box, and I can also see an orange arrow blinking when contact is made with the drum triggers. However, when I press record and play.... nothing happens. No output.
So, I'm quite sure I've configured something wrong here. Would you be so kind as to help me? Many thanks in advance.