I'm using AudioBox 1818VSL on a Windows 7 laptop to record voice using a dynamic microphone. Both mic and headphones are connected to the soundcard but all I can hear in is very faint noise. When I open AudioBox, all the channels seem to be getting a signal (bars for input 1-8 as well as Phones and Main are jumping slightly up and down) and tapping or speaking into the microphone does not affect the signal at all. It makes no difference whether I unplug the mic and plug it into another input, or turn the knobs on the soundcard.
Some more details:
- Headphones and mic worked fine with another soundcard
- Audiobox drivers were downloaded from the Presonus website (we did not receive an installation cd)
- Audiobox is connected to a USB 2.0 port (same port that was used during installation)
- I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Audiobox in a different USB port using these instructions: http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210044673
- The USB sync light on the soundcard is illuminated blue, indicating that the soundcard is properly synced with the computer
- I have tried installing the soundcard on a different laptop, but still having the same problem
I appreciate any advice on how to solve this issue!