Here are some things you can try.
1. Make sure the 192 is direct connected to your Mac. Not through a USB hub.
2. Try a USB 2.0 cable, instead of the USB 3.0 cable that comes with the 192.
3. If possible, test the 192 on another computer by installing Universal Control to that computer and connecting the 192. This is to make sure the 192 is functional.
4. Try to run the Mac Combo Update for OS X on your computer: https://support.apple.com/downloads/combo
If none of this helps to resolve the issue, please submit a support ticket and attach the following information.
Please send me your computer's System Profile. You will need to have your PreSonus hardware connected and powered on when you do this.
To access your MAC's System Profile:
- OS X 10.11 (El Capitan): Apple Menu --> About this Mac... --> System Report --> File --> Save
- OS X 10.10 (Yosemite): Apple Menu --> About this Mac... --> System Report --> File --> Save
- OS X 10.7 to 10.9 (Lion / Mountain Lion / Mavericks): Apple Menu --> About this Mac... --> More Info... --> System Report --> File --> Save
- OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or earlier: Apple Menu --> About this Mac… ---> More Info -->
File --> Save As
- Save it as "your_name.spx"
- Attach the .spx file to the support ticket you create.