USB 3.0 Audio Support for Mac OS X 10.11 - NOT YET RESOLVED!
- On December 9, 2015. Apple released 10.11.2 which we believed was the the first Apple OS X system to support class audio support for USB 3.0 devices connected to Apple computers with USB 3.0 ports.
- All of the pre-release versions of 10.11.2 were working well with USB 3.0 audio, however the final full release still has issues.
- There is a known issue in OS X 10.11 that prevents the Studio 192 from operating correctly when connected with a USB 3.0 cable on a USB 3.0 enabled Mac is audio distortion after two to three minutes of playback.
- The error is caused by Apple whose USB 3.0 class audio implementation was incomplete.
- If you must use 10.11, the work around for this issue is to connect your Studio 192 with a USB 2.0 cable. There is no loss of functionality with this configuration.
- Unfortunately we cannot recommend upgrading to Mac OS X 10.11 for Studio 192 users at the present time who want to use the USB 3.0 cable that comes with the device.
- We have notified Apple yet again of this issue.
Connecting Studio 192 to USB 3.0 enabled Mac with 10.8.x, 10.9.x or 10.10.x - NOTE!
- Connecting the Studio 192 to a system on OS X 10.10.x / 10.9.x /10.8.x on a Mac with a USB 3.0 Port will result in audio from not streaming at all. OS X 10.10.x / 10.9.x /10.8.x users must connect their Studio 192 with a USB 2.0 cable. There is no loss of functionality with this configuration.
- This will never change, this is by design by Apple, the only OS that supports USB 3.0 operation with USB 3.0 Audio is 10.11.2 and newer versions of the OS.
- Older Macs with USB 2.0 ports running 10.10.x, 10.9.x or 10.8.x can use the USB 3.0 cable connected from the Studio 192 to the Mac, because the Studio 192 is compatible with USB 2.0, there is no loss of functionality when setup this way.
Studio 192 and Logic X at and sample rates above 48KHz - SOLUTION!
- We had reported previously about an issue with Logic that prevents the Studio 192 from operating at sample rates higher than 48 KHz. The solution is in our answer base here.
Studio 192 and Studio One required version - NOTE!
- Studio One must be on version 3.1.0 or higher in order for the integration between Studio 192 and Studio One 3 to work correctly.