Hello friends, the same thing happened to me with my recently released Studio 26, it was disconnected every X time or after changing some settings in Universal Control, etc.
I could find a solution, the problem was the automatic drivers installed by Windows 7, after installing the Universal Control (Studio USB Driver) for my Studio 26 creates a conflict with the automatic drivers.
This is my solution so that Studio 26 does not fall asleep / deactivate every X time (the language of my computer is in Spanish, therefore I do not know if the routes that I will comment next will be exact in a Windows 7 system with English language):
1. Go to "Start / Devices and printers", right click on the user icon (blue box) and then click on the option "Device installation configuration".
2. Now in the window that has just appeared select the options "No, let me choose" and "Never install Windows Update driver software".
3. Once this is done, uninstall all the Universal Control drivers in "Control Panel / Uninstall a program" (in case we have not done it yet).
4. Turn off the computer, unplug all cables inserted in the audio interface and also unplug the USB port of the interface that is connected to the computer.
5. We start the computer again and Windows 7, connect the USB cable from the interface to the computer, install the Universal Control application (we only install the Studio USB Driver option, uncheck the other options). And that's it, Studio 26 should work correctly in Windows 7 64 bits.
I hope my experience helps you. A hug!.