Questions & Answers

Does Studio One Pro 4 support ilok plugins ?

+6 votes
asked May 24, 2018 in Studio One 4 by danielkaminski1 (540 points)
Does Studio One 4 support ilok plugins ? I upgraded 3.6 to 4 and i can use them in 3,6 but they don't appear in 4. I tried to reinstall Studio One and ilok, I also tried to rescan plugins. Nothing helps. I'm using 64 bit versions and win7 pro.

13 Answers

–10 votes
answered May 25, 2018 by AlexTinsley (924,920 points)
Best answer

Make sure the path to your iLok enabled plug in is added to your Plug-in Directory Paths. 

  • Open Studio One Preferences
  • Select Locations icon
  • Select VST Plug In Tab
  • Add your path there

+1 vote
answered May 26, 2018 by danielkaminski1 (540 points)
I have done locations before. And locations are exactly same as in Studio One 3. Thoose plugins are visible only with Studio One 3.
0 votes
answered May 28, 2018 by wes8 (710 points)
I am having the same problem as well. I've tried adding the plugin-locations and resetting the blacklist. Plug-in locations are the same between Studio One 3 and Studio One 4, but still not seeing the iLok plugins.
+5 votes
answered May 28, 2018 by wes8 (710 points)

Hey danielkaminski1, not sure if this will work for you, but I was able to get my iLok plug-ins to show up by doing the following:

1. Open Studio One 4

2. In the menu bar go to Help --> Open Settings Folder

3. Delete the Studio One 4 Settings Folder

4. Uninstall Studio One 4

5. Re-install Studio One 4

Then my plugins were scanned correctly. This was all after trying to reset blacklists and locations, so there still may be a Studio One 4 problem.

0 votes
answered May 29, 2018 by danielkaminski1 (540 points)
PROBLEM SOLVED. I did exactly as wes8 in 5 easy steps.
Thank You wes8 !
0 votes
answered Jun 7, 2018 by Curtsong (900 points)
I'm having the same issues.  Going to try this procedure.  I'll update with results.
0 votes
answered Jul 5, 2018 by minkyocho1 (430 points)
Solved, thank you very much Wes8!!!
+12 votes
answered Jul 14, 2018 by mornebester (340 points)

Some of my plugins got blacklisted, and after trying everything including 'Reset Blacklist' button, reinstalling plugins, restarting scanning S1-4 etc - I found the following solution to make them appear again.

NOTE:  Below is the answer of wes8 if you want to reinstall S1 - My solution is if you are comfortable with quickly editing a file in a text editor:

  • Open Studio One 4
  • In the menu bar go to Help --> Open Settings Folder
  • Look inside the "x64" folder for the Plugins-en.settings file [MAKE A COPY just in case]
  • Open the Plugins-en.settings file in any text editor
  • CLOSE S1 app
  • In your editor search for your plugin for example "Tube Delay"

You might now find an entry for VST2 and/or VST3 depending what you installed:

<Section path="B6B24A14/Tube Delay.dll">  AND/OR  <Section path="0CE10D5D/Tube Delay.vst3">
Directly underneath one of these lines you will find this:
<Attributes numClasses="0">
  CHANGE TO  <Attributes numClasses="1">

IF you now go "FInd next" in your editor you might also find pathes - you can ignore them:
<Url type="1" url="file:///C:/Program Files/Vstplugins/Softube/Tube Delay.dll"/>
<Url type="1" url="file:///C:/Program Files/Common Files/VST3/Tube Delay.vst3"/>

REPEAT for all your plugins.

SAVE the file
If you now open S1 your plugins should all show.
I think after a blacklist these plugins stay hidden and the 'Reset Blacklist' fails to make the changes to make them appear again.

0 votes
answered Aug 11, 2018 by jefflogan (150 points)

THANK you  mornebester . By far the easiest and fastest fix! Awesome. Thanks again. 

0 votes
answered Nov 21, 2018 by russelldusseault (180 points)

 mornebester - I am so grateful for your answer. This worked like a charm, and saved me so much work and aggravation. 

(my plugins got blacklisted by forgetting to use ilok and moving licenses to the PC before installing Studio One 4 Pro)

0 votes
answered Dec 30, 2018 by billrainbolt (370 points)

Wow, mornebester, that did the trick!  Seemed a bit complicated until I looked at the steps, found TextEditor on my Mac to open the file, and did the find.  Voila', there it was, the bad ZERO next to my Console 1 plugin.  Sheesh, I have gone back and forth with Softube for about a week and half on this, and PreSonus was little help as well, and THIS did the trick!  Dang, and thanks!  Hopefully this will get to PreSonus to fix in Studio One 4, although the Console 1 plug in was the only one I was having the issue with.  It initially loaded as an AU, which worked, except lacked full functionality for the Console 1.  Couldn't figure out why it wasn't loading in SO4 as a VST3, neither could Softube or PreSonus, although the last communication with Softube was on this trail - they said delete the Blacklist related files and reboot.  That didn't work...

Again, thank you!  Not sure how you figured this out, but nicely done.  Unfortunately the initial answer to this was way off the track...not sure why this is some kind of a "bug" in SO4?

0 votes
answered Apr 8, 2021 by jeffreycranston (300 points)
I had the same problem with SO5 and Mornebester's answer was close to my fix.  But when I saved the Plugin settings file with the changes and closed and reopened program, it reverted back to 0's.  So I made a copy of the file to a different folder after editing.  Closed SO.  Then changed the name of the existing settings file in the appdata folder where that file is located and copied my saved on in.  That prevented SO from resetting it after editing.  I guess that's some sort of new failsafe.  And that solved my problem with 3 iLok plugins that were hidden even though they were activated.  Crazy.
0 votes
answered Dec 12, 2021 by matthewvanhowe (160 points)

OMG thank you mornebester!!!!  Your sequence totally worked for me.  So frustrating....