You need to downgrade your UC Surface version. This took a lifetime to figure out. But I saved an older version for you guys.
THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE ON A DESKTOP (Not iPhone or iPad, etc)
MAKE SURE YOU UNINSTALL UC SURFACE ON YOUR IPAD BEFORE STARTING THIS.
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
1) Uninstall your iTunes app. You need a version that allows installing apps to your iphone or ipad fom your computer - - you can find here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208079
2) Install this iTunes
3) Before launching iTunes, search for this file: ' iTunes Library.itl ' and delete it (iTunes won't open if this file was previously created with a newer version of iTunes
4) Download UC Surface 2.7.0.ipa - (link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e1hgcfsxywlbfgs/UC%20Surface%202.7.0.ipa )
5) Drag this UC Surface 2.7.0.ipa file into: iTunes>iTunes Media>Mobile Applications
5) Launch iTunes, go to your apps - you should see UC Surface 2.7 waiting for you - drag this onto your iPad inside iTunes