We have recently upgraded to a RM32 and have been loving the extra ins/outs over the RM16. We have been running the below setup for four weekends and apart from the first week, every session has had a network dropout.
- RM32ai (using +/- 16 channels in, 9 channels out) - Firmware version SL 1.0.13731
- Windows 10 PC - UC Surface version 2.9.1 (connected directly to router by 50m run of ethernet)
- Presonus recommended TP Link Router - (TL-WR1043ND), running as standalone (no internet access)
- Macbook Pro running Capture (don't have version handy
- iPad - (don't have UC version handy)
How it's connected:
- Mixer to router via ethernet (approx 50m run)
- Macbook to mixer via Firewire and ethernet
- iPad to router
- 6-8 Qmix users every session
- Seems to be after 2-2.5 hours of running the system, network would drop out not allowing any devices to connect/control the mixer
- At times, rebooting the Mixer fixes connectivity however usually the router needs to be power-cycled for devices to re-connect
- The router seems to go into an error state
- Thinking it's a dud router, we've replaced the router with a TL-WR1043N with the same results.
- Do we have to set anything up on the router for usage? As mentioned we're not giving this system any internet access
- Could there be some form of timeout due to not having internet access?
- I don't see why however is there a need to give the mixer a static address?
We have a big event coming up and can't afford to keep getting up and down on stage to reset the system, any help to find the issue would be great.