I have a StudioLive 16.0.2 USB that I use for live podcasting. I send the mix to my PC using a 3/4" to 3.5mm headphone cable and plug it into the mic in on the PC using one of the Aux Out lines.
The problem I'm having is that whenever I have a computer game running it creates a very loud buzzing noise on that line. But it only happens when the computer game is focused (as in, whenever I am actively interacting with the game on the computer). If I alt-tab and do something else in another program on my computer, the noise goes away, but it comes back when I start playing the game again.
I've tried troubleshooting this in a lot of different ways:
- I've updated firmware for the mixer
- I've updated drivers on the computer
- I've tried using different Aux Out lines on the mixer
- I've tried recording in multiple software programs
- I've moved cables around to make sure that they weren't lying on power supplies, etc...
I've also tried recording on a separate backup recorder that I use (a Zoom H5) at the same time. I send Aux4 to the Zoom recorder and Aux2 to the PC). The Zoom recorder doesn't have the buzz noise on it, but the recording down in Adobe Audition on my PC does.
Any idea what might be causing this and how to fix it? Would this be solved by using a sound card in my PC instead of running the line into the onboard audio input?