Questions & Answers

Hooking up interface to monitor

0 votes
asked Mar 14, 2016 in Sceptre, Eris, R-Series by andysanaleuth (150 points)
Do I need a dual 1/4 to dual 1/4 cable?

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Jun 6, 2017 by AlexTinsley (910,790 points)
Best answer
Most USB and 1394 Audio Interfaces use 1/4" TRS Outputs.

The answer to your question is yes, you need a 1/4" Cables, however a dual cable would not allow you to spread your Monitors far enough apart, you'd have to pull the dual cable apart. You're better off purchasing two individual TRS 1/4" cables of the appropriate length that will be the distance from your interface to your monitors. In most cases 2M or 3M is adequate.