Hi all, this is a very simple request. At the moment middle-click brings up the tool picker. The tool picker can be useful but it would also be useful if we could use the middle-click swipe action to pan the Arrange View, Piano Roll and Audio Editor. My proposed solution is this:
- Middle-click without moving the mouse in Arrange View, Piano Roll or Audio Editor: Opens tool picker only after releasing middle button. If the mouse moves, then the tool picker won't show up.
- Middle-click+Swipe in Arrange View, Piano Roll or Audio Editor: Pans view up/down & left/right.
At the moment the only way to navigate with the mouse is by dragging the ruler. This has two drawbacks: (1) it's too easy move the mouse vertically which changes zoom level ,and (2) the ruler is harder to aim for because it's narrow.
Other suggestions for the ruler area:
- Middle-click + vertical swipe on ruler is ignored.
- Middle-click + horizontal swipe on ruler pans left/right.
- Left-click + vertical swipe on ruler zooms in/out.
- Left-click + horizontal swipe on ruler pans left/right.
Finally, one more thing: Once the tool picker is visible, middle-clicking outside the picker should close the picker! Currenly this is not the case.
The same principle can be applied to the right mouse button so that different things happen depending on whether the mouse moved before the button was released, for example:
- Rght-click, not moving: Context menu.
- Right-click, moving: Delete clips/notes
Thanks everyone and vote if you like this feature request.