Questions & Answers

No input signal from interface

+2 votes
1,272 views
asked Nov 15, 2017 in Studio One 3 by kylewaselewski (170 points)
So when I open up a new song and go through to set up the i/o's, everything is in order. I select my interface (Tascam US-1800) from the dropdown and make sure all my inputs are mapped correctly. Then I go to set up the output, which I prefer to just use the "built-in output" option as I just run my computer audio through external speakers. This all seems to work fine and when I set up EZ drummer and other vst's through instrument tracks I get playback no problem, but for some reason I don't get any input signal from my interface for any of the inputs? When I tried switching to the Tascam output, I still got no input signal plus there was major lag and skipping in the playback of the instrument track.

I'm running Studio One 3 on Mac os X 10.11 - 8gb ram, running through a Tascam US-1800.

3 Answers

0 votes
answered Nov 15, 2017 by Jamesrhone1 (179,490 points)
 
Best answer
Hello,

For some devices, instead of selecting a different input and output device, go to OS X AudioMIDI settings, and create an Aggregate device that is configured with your Tascam and OS X built in audio. Chose this aggregate device in Studio One > Preferences > Audio Setup > Input and Output device. Configure your ins and outs in Song > Song Setup > Audio I/O Setup. Test again.

If the issue remains, please create a ticket to technical support.

Here is a link to create a ticket: http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
+3 votes
answered Dec 30, 2018 by yavi95 (250 points)
Hey,

I had the same issue with any interface I used. It happened after I updated my Mac.

Turns out it had to do with the security/privacy settings.

Go to Security&Privacy>Privacy tab>Microphone>Check the box for studio one to access your microphone.

I hope this helps after a year!
0 votes
answered Mar 26 by pablomontejano (160 points)
Thank you javy95!! it just work for me!!

Presonus need to do something to avoid this error every time we update the Mac!
...