The Studio 192 provides 3 different ways of monitoring your recording input when used with Studio One.
1. Via the UC Surface mixer application (for direct low latency monitoring with effects)
2. Via the Studio One Input monitoring option (may produce an unwanted level of latency depending on buffer settings)
3. Via Cue Mix configured in Studio One (bypasses UC Surface Mixer and gives low latency monitoring)
If the first two of these combinations are both enabled, you will experience a doubling effect when monitoring your record input. To prevent this, simply disable one of them.
1. Mute the input channel in UC Surface mixer
- or -
2. Disable the blue input monitoring button on your record enabled track in Studio One.
You can also totally bypass the UC Surface mixer by selecting "Mixer Bypass" in the settings window of the UC Surface mixer.
Please refer to the user manual for the Studio 192 for more detailed information on these features and best practices.
The manual can be found here: https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downloads/products/pdf/Studio192_OwnersManual_EN.pdf