These are all trivial ideas, but multiplied by eight QMIX iPhones and naive users, they could make life easier for the sound tech and technology resistant musicians.
1. If no mixer is found after starting QMIX, prompt user to check for attachment to the correct network. "No mixer found - Are you connected to the correct network?"
2. If only one mixer is found, as is the case 99% of the time, just attach to it - without need for selecting and checking it. It only saves seconds, but valuable seconds in the middle of a performance.
3. If multiple mixers are found, allow selection of "Preferred mixer" which will be remembered on future restarts if the connection is lost during the performance.
4. If connection to mixer is lost, inform user of "Connection Lost" as soon as possible, rather than QMIX looking like its working for a minute or more but really not. Then perhaps a big "Restart" button if after a few seconds if the connection cannot be automatically re-established. Rather than back to "Start Page" every time. This is when musicians often want the throw the iPhone at me. We know the look.
5. Get rid of the Demo mode option on the front screen, or let us configure it OFF. It's amazing how often users get there and can't figure out for themselves what's wrong.
6. Make QMIX single user only, and make it unnecessary to select your own Aux mix every time. Find a better use for the left over screen real estate. A monitor engineer is better off with an iPad and UC limited to aux mixes only.
7. Make it possible to disable "Wheel of Me" as a configuration option in UC.
Make QMIX-AI as absolutely simple as possible for musicians that are not at all dumb, but are stressed, distracted, and often technophobic. This is an App that should be as straightforward as a toaster.
QMIX really is a sweet little app, just could be even sweeter. Thanks for listening.