I use studio one 5 for live acts with AXE FX and Quad Cortex. For the current year I started to create a live project with midi automation for two devices and the two midi transmitter cables are happend to be the same so S1 can not make a difference between them - this is not a problem I can live with it. To avoid this issue I changed one device to send midi on channel 2 instead of 1 as it the separation of the two device is resolvable. As I changed the external instrument settings to send midi information on channel 2 my S1 crashed and on the automation track I have to redo my settings, because S1 can not see the Program Change and Bank Change as an existing one.
This is the log: